The Grays Harbor Public Utility District (PUD) employs between 160 and 165 staff. From the customer service professionals who assist customers with their accounts to the crews who physically maintain the utility infrastructure, the goal is to fulfill the utility mission of delivering high-quality utility services to the PUD’s customers.
- In addition to daily work, staff are also visible throughout Grays Harbor, showing the PUD flag at a number of events
- Each May and August, the PUD takes part in the Master Gardeners Home and Garden Show and the Grays Harbor County Fair in Elma
- The PUD booths are among the most visited at the events and the information given out by staff helps customers with energy safety and conservation and a better understanding of how the PUD serves the community
- PUD staff are also happy to help inspire the next generation of utility workers by attending career days at local schools, colleges, and gatherings
- The majority of the staff are residents of Grays Harbor and as such they serve their community by being active in charitable organizations, working in city government, coaching youth sports, and taking part in community events
- PUD staff want to help make Grays Harbor a great place to live and raise a family
- They want Grays Harbor to be known as a place where people care about one another, a place where people help people