Service Applications & Online Forms

Which Applications Do I Need to Start Service?

Residential Application: Starting service in your name at an existing residence.

New Service Installation (Residential): Installing new electrical service for new construction or yard light.

Commercial Application: Starting service under a business name, starting service at an existing commercial building.

New Service Installation (Commercial): Installing commercial-sized electrical service for new construction or streetlight.

Service Applications & Requests

Service Installation Forms

Other Forms


Fee Schedules

Technical Standards for Your Home & Business

Electrical Service Installation Guide

1. Apply For Service

Complete an Application for Electric Service in person or online. This information should provide the PUD with all the pertinent information. All applications must include a 911 service address. Customer must contact Customer Service Department to set up an electrical account for billing. An online Utility Exchange will be submitted or a deposit is required. For more information call (360) 532-4220 or (800) 562-7726. A detailed plot may be needed.

3. PUD Engineer Will Prepare Work Sketch & Cost Estimate

The work sketch outlines the work to be performed by PUD crews. Once the work sketch and cost estimate are complete, the Customer Service Engineer will contact the customer with costs. Easements and permits may also be required.

6. Customer Obtain “Safe Wiring Permit”

An Electrical Work Permit Application must be obtained at the State of Washington Department of Labor and Industries office located at 415 W. Wishkah St, Aberdeen WA 98520, phone number (360) 533-8200, or on the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries website. Aberdeen permits are obtained at City Hall at 200 E Market St; phone number (360) 533-4100. Chehalis Reservation permits are obtained at the Tribal Center in Oakville; phone number (360) 273-5911.

7. Customer/Contractor

Customer/contractor will notify inspector upon completion of work. Once approved, the electrical inspector will notify The District to authorized service connections.

8. PUD Will Schedule Construction if Necessary

When all of the above steps are completed, if necessary, the PUD Crew Coordinator will schedule construction crews to complete customer's job. Contact District Engineer if there are any questions regarding job.

Trenching & Backfilling

When trenching is required and the customer opts to trench or to contract trenching, the owner or contractor must coordinate his work with the PUD crew schedule. The owner or contractor must call the PUD Crew Coordinator at (360) 538-6313 or toll-free at (800) 562-7726 ext. 6313 to arrange a date to open the trench. Do not open trench before making arrangements with the PUD. Please obtain a Customer Trenching Information Sheet from the PUD Customer Service Engineer prior to planning any trenching activity.